Create a piece of art
Burners of Sydney and Surrounds (BOSS) are committed to supporting the NSW burner community to promote the ten principles of the Burning Man Project through public engagement and to foster and encourage the creation of original art.
2020 BOSS GRANT PROGRAM
The customary BOSS Grant Program has been postponed for 2020 due to the cancellation of Burning Seed and the uncertainty of the Sydney Decompression.
BUT the art will go on!
BOSS now invites all members to apply for the BOSS 2020 ISO (ART) GRANT.
ISO (ART) GRANT
The BOSS 2020 Iso (Art) Grant is intended to help subsidise the costs associated with the creation of a new project during the time when we would usually be attending Burning Seed.
Art pieces/performances must be displayed/performed at the inaugural
BOSS ART SHOWCASE.
- Two grant categories: Open (18+) and Youth
- Maximum amount awarded: Up to $1000 per project
- Bonus funding for digital content: Up to $200 per project
- Applications open: Thursday 10 September 2020
- Applications close: Sunday 25 October 2020 (midnight)
WHO CAN APPLY FOR A GRANT?
Anyone of any age can apply, with Youth encouraged to apply as they have their own grant category. Applications are accepted from first time creators through to professional artists.
The only requirement is that you, or your parent/guardian, must be a financial member of BOSS and a NSW resident.
WHAT DO WE (BOSS) EXPECT OF YOU?
- Be totally committed. Please follow through to the highest level of commitment possible, not doing so may exclude you from submitting future grant applications.
- Be creative. Projects which incorporate one or more of the ten principles will be assessed favourably.
- Be mindful. You are responsible for any MOOP your art piece creates, and for removing all trace of your art piece.
- Be safe. Please take every safety precaution necessary during the construction of your project. And please ensure that your completed project is sturdy, secure, and safe to interact with.
- Be open and communicative. Get in touch with us if you have any questions or concerns. Let us know if you are experiencing any difficulty completing your project, and/or the requirements of your agreement with us.
WHAT CAN THE GRANT FUNDS BE USED FOR?
We (BOSS) only approve grants for the funding of physical materials used for the construction of an art piece, or for costumes and props pertaining to a performance. Examples of physical materials include wood, fixtures and fittings, fabric, paint etc.
- We DO NOT approve funding for the purchase of equipment and tools.
- We DO NOT approve grant funding for items such as ‘labour’ or services provided by external suppliers.
- We DO NOT approve grant funding for event tickets, or for personal travel and transport expenses.
Grant recipients will be required to submit receipts which need to match the items listed in their budget.
CAN MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS BE SUBMITTED?
There is no limit to the number of applications that can be submitted, however they must be for new and different projects.
Projects will only be funded once, therefore you cannot apply again for a grant to improve or upgrade an existing project.
However, if your project has previously been declined funding, you may resubmit an updated application.
WHERE DOES THE MONEY COME FROM TO FUND THE GRANT PROGRAM?
BOSS is a not for profit entity which uses the profits from Sydney Decompression ticket sales to fund the BOSS Grant Program. The grant recipients then display/perform their art pieces at the Sydney Decompression event to enrich the experience for Sydney Decompression attendees, which helps to generate funding to continue operating the BOSS Grant Program.
HOW DO I CONTACT BOSS WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GRANT PROGRAM?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org